Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Looks Like a Nice Vacation!


This past week was a busy one! I haven't had the chance to sit and do anything, so I dug into my harddrive for something to post and came up with this one. It was one of my first few attempts at oil and now looking back, I wish I made a list of colors I used for the water! The way the weather is here, this looks even more inviting. This was done on masonite, a very solid surface I did not care too much for and abandoned that for the spring I can get in stretched canvas.

This week wasn't entirely a loss. I renewed my membership at the artcenter, so I can get discounts on classes and take advantage of the openstudio on Fridays. The openstudio is where artists meet to use the equipment and paint, sculpt, or just about anything while sharing ideas and getting critiques. Now that I'm renewed, I'm planning for this Friday. I haven't been since last September, so I'm really looking forward to this valuable opportunity! Also stopped at the artsupply and picked up a few colors and brushes I needed. Mainly cobalt blue and sap green. Those two I have read about quite a bit in landscape painting palettes from several sources. Got to give those a try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home