Tuesday, September 12, 2006

So Long Summer!



Well, I'm off to a reasonably good start of my autumn landscape and since it looks too much like the previous post, I'll show you a quick doodle in oil. It is on a 12x16 canvasboard, the background toned in a compliment of french ultramarine blue and a dallop of orange. The black lines, I use a three way mix of viridian, french ultramarine blue, and burnt sienna for a warm black. To cool it, I would substitute the sienna for burnt umber. Not sure what this is other than being playful while I let some of my landscape dry before adding more color. While my mind is on a seasonal landscape, maybe I'm paying tribute to the passing of warmer weather! In anycase, I have to think about color in relation to tonal value and how it would be applied. The main idea is to have fun with the process of painting and try new things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home