Thursday, September 14, 2006

More Work Done


Well, it is not "work" exactly :) but a lot of concentration and effort that is fun(?) In anycase, for a painter who prefers alla-prima style of painting (which means in one sitting) I'm probably very slow. I wonder what term we would use for alla-prima in multiple sittings! This is not quite done and will require possibly one more day. I added more color and tone to build up areas of the tree and worked in details into the tomestones to catch that antique look they have. Somewhat somber, but interesting. I think the color overall lifts the mood of the subject considerably. I'll be taking this to openstudio at the artcenter on Friday, (tomorrow as I write) and will see whether I might complete this...if I don't chat too much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home